Anyone know of any fun ways of trying to guess the babies gender?

I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I don't want to know the gender but it would be really fun to guess. Anyone know any cool games to tryand guess? How accurate are your games? Someone told me about putting a spoon under a couch or something like that. I also heard of like if you hold a baby and they cry then your carrying the opposite gender. Idk. Just any fun ways to try to guess. Even though I won't know until I give birth.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i agree the cabbage gender test was pretty fun (wasn't right for me). I did the Chinese calendar chart and it has been correct with both of mine and right for every one i know that has done it.

My mother and step father did this thing where you get two chairs tape a pair of scissors under one and a knife under the other then walk around the chairs a few time and sit on one if you sit on the one with the scissors its a girl, knife its a boy. It was right for my mom, but it isn't reliable just something fun.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There is a ring one you can do, you tie your weddig band onto a string and then have someone hold the string with the ring dangleing over your belly. you have to lay down. if it goes in a circle it is a girl and if it rocks it is a boy
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Peeing in the cabbage juice is interesting...lol

Why is that when you are pregnant, you pee in everything. hahahaha

Google cabbage juice gender prediction and it will tell you exactly how to do this one :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have heard something about a ring on the end of a string. You lay down and someone else holds the ring over your stomach. Supposedly if the ring goes in a circle it is a girl and if it moves up and down than it is a boy. Both times I have seen it done it was supposed to be a girl and that is what the baby was.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• someone puts a pair of scissors and a knife under two pillows. Then you sit on one of them. If you sit on the pillow with the scissors you're having a girls, knife means boy!! (not accurate at all!!)

In Greece they take a gold neckless and hold it above the woman's right hand. If the neckless moves in circles, you're having a girl. If it moves in lines you're having a boy. They say this is accurate but I really don't think so lol

Congrats on the baby!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ive heard of boiling cabbage and taking the water and mixing it with your urine and if it changes colors the color it turn tells weather its a boy or girl. i think if it stays red or pink its a girl and if it turns blue its a boy.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Have you checked the chinese conception chart?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my hubby's cousin's wife told me about one where you put your rings on a necklace and hold it over your stomach.. if it goes, in a circle, its a girl and if it goes back & forth, its a boy. i did this when i was pregnant with my son and it was right.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Try the chinesegenderchart. And let us know what you get. it worked for me 100% (twice) GL and Congrats!!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010