What can I dont to get rid of the pain from my Vaginal delivery?

After I had my little firl I had to get stiches because I tore myself. It wasnt painful at the time because I had the epidural. But now when I go to the bathroom it burns when I pee. And also when I move around it hurts badly. What can I do to ease the pain down there? I dont mean to be gross but were all grown women here...

Asked by NEWMOMMYJUN2008 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• Are you using your little squirt bottle every time you go? You should be squirting warm water down there everytime you go. Feels really good (called a sitz bath) You should not have any burning during urination

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Burning with urination is a classic symptom of a uti...pain after delivery is a different pain all together. Call the doctor for the burning sensation...they will want a urine sample and then let ya know what is up. You can put baking soda in 4-10 inches of water to get some relief while you wait for your results...also try an ice pack. If you have pain med prescription ...take them.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I didn't tear luckily, but I was still given a load of good tips about helping the pain as I had grazes, still mega painful!! You can try pouring warm water on your self when you pee, have as many baths as you can in the day to soak yourself, the water helps to heal you. I used to have like 3 quick baths a day for the first couple weeks til I felt better. Good luck hun :)

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Pain in the area between your rectum and vagina is common. To relieve the pain and prevent infection, you can sit in a warm bath, put cold packs on the area, or put warm water on the area with a squirt bottle or sponge. It is also important to wipe yourself from the front to back after a bowel movement to prevent infection. If sitting is uncomfortable, you may want to buy a doughnut-shaped pillow at your local drugstore to help ease the pressure when sitting. A nonprescription pain reliever can also help. If you are breast-feeding, make sure you take a pain reliever that does not have aspirin in it.

Answer by Patty24momof5 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• before you pee spray on that spray...can't think of the name but its in a white can with blue on it. it has benzocaine in it. it will numb the incision area. its a life saver. solarcaine is the name of it. my ob/gyn gave me a can after my daughter was born.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2008