Did you have your baby while in prison?

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, Ive never even been pulled over.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It felt like it, but no, I was in the hospital...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• no, but i just saw a very well written article on this...i just can't remember where i saw it ! grrrrr....I'm curious why you're asking ???? did you read the article too? can you jog my memory? lol
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Nope, I haven't read anything. I was watching the TV Show " I'm pregnant and.....
    This woman was pregnant when she was sent to jail for doing drugs. She got out right before her baby was due. So I was just wondering how many women out there have had their babies while in jail. I've read that women in jail who have babies are allowed to keep them in jail for the first 1 year of the childs life..
    lil_Army_Wife05

Comment by lil_Army_Wife05 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yeah, the article i was reading talked about having a safe area in the prison where prisoners who fit a certain criteria could have their baby....the article was really good...it actually talked about how having to care for a baby and having the baby depend on you in an environment where you are forced to be clean, and supervised, can help the mother to grow personally, rehabilitate, etc....Some prisoners are also selected to train dogs as service dogs....it's amazing what having a living being to count on you will do for a person...of course, it's not fool-proof, but I certainly like the results I'm seeing and done in such a positive way....and with the baby thing, as long as the mother is clean, it's probably best for the baby to be with its mother.....where i don't agree with it, is when the prison sentence is longer than what the baby can stay with the mom....then it's not fair to the child to be taken away at that point.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh my gosh....this is in the "Just for Fun" category? It is dsgusting. Or, is this another example of the "Jerry Springer Show" mentality in which everyone thinks creepy,criminal -type people are fun?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• wow, gertie.....I just think people need to open their minds a bit.....yes some criminals are creepy, but some are in there for other reasons and have the right to rehabilitation and pay their dues to society in a productive manner.... ok, so i just got finished reading a book set in a prison and it was incredible ! thought provoking ! i loved it. if you're interested it's "change of heart" by Jodi Picoult ! awesome book !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ...and besides, I've known at least three very good people who spent a few years in the penn...in their youth....who genuinely regret what they did, see their wrongs, and wouldn't think of living a life other than on the good side now.....none of them are creepy !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Well....having a baby in jail means all kinds of not so good things have happened in her life. First she DID commit a crime. I have a hard time accepting crimes and the people whio commit them. SEcond: SHe probably is a single, unwed Mom whch is also not so good. Sorry but I just can't sympathise. A crime is a crime. DOn't tell me to "open my mind". The issue of being"open minded" doesn't even enter into this discussion.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• no, but I watched that episode the other day. Some people never change and still get into trouble and go to jail after having kids. I watch the Jail shows on Spike and many prostitutes arrested have young children, some not in their custody....such a shame.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010