holy cow!!!

My daughter is 21 months old and has been potty trained for a while now with the exception of a few accidents...But lately when i bring her to use the potty she cry's and scream's and is basically fightened to use it; She do still use it but crying and screaming the whole time. I don't know why she all of a sudden started doing this. Any idea's?
I am thinking about putting her back in pampers/pull-ups for a couple months too see if she calms down any!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 11:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when i have trouble with my little one sometimes,i give her stickers while she is on the potty and she sticks them on the back of the toilet so now it looks like a collage...
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• she may have had a painful bowel movement. or maybe has a uti. i wouldnt move backwards, you will have to retrain her if you do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• take her to the doctors it could be a bladder infections my oldest would not go untill she was asleep then she would flood the pullup. if it that then she is crying and screaming from the pain.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 11:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She is not too young to be potty trained mine was fully night and day trained by that age too, She also went through this phase it only lasted a few days the dr said she was most likey constipated or had a small uti..Things got better in a few days and she has never done it sense! Good LUck
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 12:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was also thinking UTI (urinary tract infection) ! I went through that twice with my oldest girl....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She is NOT too young to be trained. Mine started training at 18 months and were day and night trained by 24 months old. Yes some children cannot train that early, but mine were asking to use the potty so we did. I had this issue with my daughter though and my mother suggested a UTI so I took her to the doc and sure enough that is what it was. We did OTC stuff for the UTI and it cleared up and she was great again.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Huggies say it could be the flush. That and maybe she is afraid because the potty is taking something of hers. Does that make sense?
    TexasWife

Answer by TexasWife at 12:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My kids were afraid of falling in so I got a special toilet seat just for them which was just right for them to sit on.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She is not too young to be potty trained Gaillll so please stop saying that...times have changed since you have raised kids!!! Gets used to it!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She is not too young to be potty trained! Good for you for doing the hard work at this young age. It sounds like she has a UTI or constipation. Try giving her cranberry juice, it will help with both. If she continues to have this problem in a few days call your Dr.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 10:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010