Shortest marriage?

Who do you know would win the shortest marriage contest? I may because I've only been married 7 weeks and we are already talking divorce/annulment. I found out last week that he has blown through all our wedding money and didn't tell me. Most of the checks we got for our wedding was written to Mr and Mrs His last name. Since we don't have a joint account, I told him to deposit them into his personal account. Now I find out his account is in the negative. That means all our money plus some is gone. He spent it all on bullshit. I'm most upset b/c instead of telling me he lost his ipod touch, he spent $300 on a new one. Most of it went to overdraft fees. I consider that a dealbreaker and now we have to get divorced. That's a 7 week marriage. Anyone can beat that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I stayed with my 2nd husband for 2 weeks filed for divorce and it was all said and done about 3 months from the date we said I do. I moved in with him and the 1st thing he says to me is you'll have to sleep in the spare bedroom until I get used to having someone around. I tried , but I couldn't do it!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Didn't any of these signs, show up before you were legally wed?
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 12:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'd be thinking counseling first. If he was like this before,why did you marry him?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Sorry, but that's not grounds for divorce or annulment. I've been married for 45 1/2 years, and there have been way more serious issues than spending money with permission. Time to go back to the drawing board and draw some boundaries that you can enforce and work on this marriage. Seven weeks is supposed to still be the honeymoon!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I apologize in advance for judgement.
    However, for better or worse.... That doesn't mean until he spends your wedding money. You guys are going to go through some MAJOR obsticles in marriage over the years. If you can't get through this your not going to make it through the big stuff. This is something to discuss and get upset about but not divorce over. There must be other issues going on.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Thats a deal breaker??? Thats wrong of him to do that butttt...your married now.... if you get divorced..........you really need to wait many years until your ready to commit....good and bad things are going to happen to everyone.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 12:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you do decide to go through with the divorce I'd make sure that he keeps all the debt, otherwise you'll have to pay for his spending too.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with the counseling first. Bailing out at the first sign of trouble is not a good record you want on your history of relationships. Marriage means you try your best to work things out!

But i knew a kid when i was 16 who got married. Everyone told him not to get married (he was also only like 15) and he didn't listen. Got married and then 6 months latter got annulled.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My mother found out she was pregnant in December, so in January they got married... He moved out the end of January when she miscarried... I think in total they were together for like a month. But the legal marriage lasted over 2 years because he was to lazy to sign the paperwork.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would like to suggest that you work things out. I agree I would be ticked, but enough to divorce? Some things I can understand can't be worked out, but a marriage takes work. It is a commitment. You shouldn't give up so easily unless you truly don't love the man. If that's the case you should not have gotten married.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010