How do I clean wood floors?

I have wood floors that are sealed. They need more than dust mopping, or vacuming to look clean. Any answers?

WannaBgreen

wannaBgreen

Asked by wannaBgreen at 12:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use 1 tbsp of vinegar to 1 cup of water and put it in little bottle and then use a microfiber mop. My husband read somewhere that the vinegar can wear away the finish after awhile, so that is why we don't use 50/50. We have no desire to refinish the floors. I've also used Method's wood floor cleaner. I think it's called Wood For Good, but I'm really liking the vinegar/water mix better.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• wood floor cleaner & a mop
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I use swifter wet jet, they have one for wood floors. Though if you want to get something better, ask some one as like a home depot. I was told when we got our floors sanded and sealed that we should NOT use anything with bleach or oil. Bleach is just bad for wood floors and oils allow for residue build up and such.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It depends on whether they are surface sealed or penetrating seal and oil treated. If they are surface sealed, a mop should do the job. If they are penet. seal and oil treated, they need to be cleaned with a liquid or paste wax.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• We use Murphy's oil soap it doesn't streak and leaves them feeling very nice :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 12:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water

Answer by rkoloms at 1:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010