• In the Spotlight:

Early labor after 1st pregnancy?

Is it true that you are more likely to go into labor before your due date after your first pregnancy? My OBGYN thinks I might be having a Halloween baby. Even though my due date isent until Nov. 9th. This is my 2cd child. This baby is measuring about 2 weeks ahead. But I thought I measured ahead w/ my first born but he had to come by induction b/c my body just wouldnt go into labor. I really fear doing induction again.

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 12:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First, it is not true that you will have early labor after your first pregnancy. That is a myth. Second, trust your OB - facts rule his/her statements. Remember that not every pregnancy is alike. You may have a very normal delivery this time. Good luck!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• The only way you could have an early delivery is if the baby decides to come early or is not carried to term.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Your doc wants you to have an early baby so she can plan around it...lol.

I DID go 5 days early with my second though.. but I have no thoughts if this one will or not. It will come when it's supposed to.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 1:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Nope my second baby came two days late.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010