Can getting off b/c make my period late?

I GOT OFF MY BIRTH CONTROL ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND MY PERIOD IS LATE IS THIS NORMAL? ( WHILE I WAS ON BIRTH CONTROL IT WAS NEVER ON TIME

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• if you are irregular anyways then yes it could still jsut be late. to be safe, test. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you mean the pill getting off of it can make you very fertile. In order to get pregnant I would have to go on the pill a few months and then come off. I almost always got pregnant before having a period (I got pregnant that way 6 times). So going off the pill can make you pregnant (if you have sex)!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes it can make you late. I hate BC. I hate how it screws with my cycles.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Thats why i decided to stop because it really mess my cycles up! I am just hoping its still the birth control messing me up
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Could you be pregnant? My friend and I both got preg the first month we went off b/c. I was on it for more than 5 years. She was on it for 4.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• it is possible we used condoms but you never know its killing me because i have to wait till husband gets home
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There are many forms of birth control. You still haven't said if it's the pill. When you are on the pill you don't have cycles. The homones in the pill stops your "cycles". When you bleed it's not a period. You don't have periods on the pill. You aren't irregular on the pill. You may be talking about spotting or breakthrough bleeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• it was a pill and my doctor didnt tell me that!
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Be safe and get a pg test. You can never be too safe.

WannaBgreen
    wannaBgreen

Answer by wannaBgreen at 1:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• When I say you don't have a period I mean you don't have a period like when off the pill. It is just bleeding from not getting the hormones. They didn't use to call it a period when you were on the pill.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010