What might happen if I will force people to learn and talk to me about subjects that I am interested in, but they are not?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 2:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You wont have friends for long .or they will ignore you when you want to talk..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• you'll come off as a pushy, controling b!tc# and lose friends over it.

Why would you want to force someone to learn about what you are interested in? If they wanted to, they would learn it on their own. If you want friends with similar interests, then meet some new people!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Why would you even want to do that? Do you want people to hate you for being controlling?
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Ummm... how exactly are you planning on forcing them? Are you going to hog-tie them, put them in your basement, and force them to listen to you for hours on end? If that's the case, then I think that's illegal. Not to mention the fact that it's pretty dang creepy.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• You can't force people to "learn and talk" to you. If they are friends then you can ask if they would listen to something you want to talk about.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you try to force any one to do anything they aren't interested in don't be surprised if it damages your relations with them.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If someone did that to me personally, they would get punched in the face. I hate people like that, they are rude, irritating and ignorant.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 2:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• if you want people to listen to you the trick is to listen to them first... be interested and you will be interesting, be open and people will be open to you
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It depends on how you are forcing them?

Normally if I'm approached and the person is polite, I'm polite back, but I explain that I'm not interested and tell them to have a nice day and I'm on my way.  If a family member tries to talk to me about something I don't agree with I change the subject or just tell them I don't agree with them and walk away.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• YOu can't force people to learn and talk about anything they are not interested in. If you want to share something with them, then simply share. Beyond that.....you can't do much:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010