Black eye?

Has your little one ever had a black eye? Has it made you hesitant to take them in public in fear of people thinking you were a bad parent? Have you ever had a black eye? And just out of noseyness (I am sure that is not a word) how did it happen?

My daughter is currently sporting a pretty good black eye. Her and her sister collided. In the back of my eye I am kind of worried about what people might think.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG I know what you mean!! My son recently fell and hit his eye on our wood futon!! It was swollen, black, and he had a cut!! Everytime I took hi out in public I felt like everyone was thinking I was a horrible mother..... It was such a bad feeling.....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes I got two boys and they get brusied all the time cause how ruff they play.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My daughter who is now 25 had two black eyes around the age of 7. She was playing hide n go seek in a dark room with her brothers and she ran and slid into a rocking chair hitting right above her right eye...which created a hematoma ... I took her out in public and didn't care what people thought because it was an accident and I knew it...she did...and so did her Dr.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son had a nasty and swollen eye a few weeks ago. He was going down a waterslide and hit his eye. I still took him out.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yep! I have two boys--ages 8 and 6 who are forever "hitting the mat" to wrestle. "Rounds" don't end until someone is hurt and crying! They have tons of bruises, cuts, scrapes, and have even broken a an arm and a leg!! I think I've become desensitized to their injuries at this point!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son had a black eye at nine months old. The child I was babysitting at the time hit him (some what on accident) with a broom. Well I quit watching the child soon after that. I still took him out though at first I hesitant but most people know kids get hurt often.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes my kids were playing and my baby at that time smacked my son in the eye with her baby doll and i was worried to but he said he was in a fight and won lol so he woudlnt have to say his little sis hit him. and me yes to my ex was an abuser and hit me once in the eye . after that no more i divorced him.and i didnt go out in public till it was gone.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 3:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• All of my kids have had shiners at one point or another. My youngest dd took a header down the basement stairs just before she turned 2 and busted her face all up. She had a huge black eye and it almost swelled shut at one point, a goose egg on her forehead and a huge scratch across her nose.
    I really didn't think much about taking her in public. People would ask me what happened and she would tell them she fell down the stairs on her car. They they would all pat her head and say, "awe, poor baby," then smile and go on their way. No one seemed to assume we hurt her on purpose.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh my kids get hurt all of the time as well, bumps and bruises everywhere but something about the black eye makes me feel more conscious. The same little one split her head open once and I guess I felt the same way when we go out like others are judging me as a bad Mommy.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010