opiate withdrawl

i have been taking pain killers everyday now for over 2 years. i have been wanting to stop but just physically couldnt. I decided 4 days ago enough was enough but i still dont think i can do it. my withdrawls are excrutiating and i am craving the pain killers really bad!! What do I do?? when will this end? I can't do this anymore =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• Can you go somewhere for help? My mom, who has been an alcoholic all of my life, didn't have a chance until she went to an inpatient place and was on "lock down" for several days to withstand the detox. You CAN do this. ((hugs))
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i have a new baby and new fulltime job so i cant go anywhere
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Throw out the painkillers or have someone hold on to them for you, if you need them for a reason. Then see about detoxing. Just don't give into it. I know easier said then done. Good luck.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• an inpatient treatment center would be good. maybe find a group meeting you can go to for support.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• here is a 24 hour help line that maybe able to help 877.711.4673 throw the pills away and call the number. think of your child and how much better off you will be without them. take a few breaths and relax you can do this. good luck
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There are out patient detox centres. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010