Mexican dish w/ Doritos chips

I was looking for a Mexican dish that has crumbled Doritos chips in it. I made one a long time ago, but can't seem to find the recipe. I believe that ground beef was also used in it. Thanks ahead of time!

mom2twingirl797

Asked by mom2twingirl797 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• mexican chicken. we use doritos, cooked chicken, cream of chicken, and velveeta. mix it all up and bake it for about 20 minutes
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I like making taco salad with Doritos. just use hamburger meat with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I make a taco salad with salsa, sour cream bacon, cheese and crushed doritos on top.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Mine is similar to jennifer588's. You can use hamburger or chicken that is cooked & cubed or shredded.

2 cans of cream of: cream of mushroom (or chicken or 1 of each)
    cheese: can be velveeta or 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or cheese soup in a can
    tomato: can be 1 can of rotel or diced tomatoes, or 1 cup of picante sauce, or 1 can of tomato soup
    add meat, chopped onion (that could have been cooked with the hamburger meat), salt & pepper & whatever other seasonings you like (cumin, cayenne, whatever)
    Stir it all together, mixing in a couple of hand-fulls of doritos that you've broken up, pour into a 9x13, cover with more doritos, and some grated cheese. Cover & bake at 350 for 45 mins or so, uncover for 5 more minutes. Wha-la!

This is really versatile and you can "fake it" if you don't have all the ingredients. You can make it as spicy or bland as you prefer. Enjoy! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• PS-If you use velveeta, grate it. 1-2 lbs depending on how big a batch you want. Sorry, left that out...
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Got this from a friend, and tweaked it just a bit to make it slighly easier. We like the leftovers, so I make a double batch, which is: 2lbs hamburger, browned & drained. Mix in about 1 cup Miracle Whip, 1-2 packets taco seasoning, a jar of salsa (whatever your preference, black bean & corn is really good!), and 2 cups corn (1 drained can, I used 1lb frozen). Spread half in a 9x13 or larger pan. Sprinkle on a cup or so of crushed tortilla chips (we use plain, Doritos are what the original recipe used) and some shredded cheese, then repeat the layers. Bake til hot & bubbly. Serve as is or with taco toppings (we like sour cream, shredded lettuce, and more salsa, and sometimes ranch dressing). Pan will be full, you can split it between a 9x13 & 8x8, or triple for 2 good 9x13, or halve for 1 8x8. I don't make it often but my kids love this!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Brown beef, get rid of grease. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray,put tortilla chips on bottom, then beef,cheese add sauce that you like. Bake for 30 mins
    momof337

Answer by momof337 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• this is the one I use
    TACO SALAD

1 lb ground beef
    1 envelope taco seasoning
    1 10 oz. can kidney beans
    1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
    1 head lettuce, shredded
    1 12 oz pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
    1 12 oz bag nacho cheese flavored Doritos, crushed
    1 16 oz. bottle French salad dressing

Brown ground beeef and add taco seasoning. Simmer according to directions. Place in large bowl and refrigerate until cool. Add beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and Doritos. Mix well.

Cover with salad dressing. Mix again. Serve almost immediately.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010