Do you own a Dyson? Which one? Would you recommend it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have the purple Dyson; I believe it was called the "Absolute Animal" model, because it was designed for households with pets. It's awesome. I have had many vacuums over the years; the last one I had was a Hoover Windtunnel, and the Dyson kicks it butt all over the place. The suction is great, plus the Animal model has a strong beater bar to really help loosen and remove pet hair from the carpet.
    On certain types of carpet, or if the carpet is already fairly worn out, the visible difference between the Dyson and another vacuum might not be very obvious. It's not a magic wand, but it does a great job getting all the loose soil out of the carpet. Plus it comes with a full 5-year warranty, which made me feel more comfortable with the heftier price tag.
    This is just my experience; there may be less expensive vacuums that do a close job to the Dyson, but I'd do some research first.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't but there's no way in hell I'm paying $500 for a vacuum! Mine was $37 at Walmart! My friend has a Dyson and she sys she doesn't see a difference in cleaning ability,but its fun to push!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have the purple one ;o) I think it's the one for pet hair. We also have the small one for the RV and that works great too.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have the yellow one, the DC07, I've had it for about 3 years or so and it's by far the best vacuum I've ever used or owned. As a kid, we had a central vac and that was pretty good and as an adult I'd buy cheap one's like Dirt Devil or similar and would have to replace them about once a year. My Dyson is just as powerful today as it was the first day I bought it. I have 2 dogs, a cat and a 17 year old boy with lots of friends that are ALWAYS hanging out in my house. I LOVE my Dyson!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have one, and yes it is worth it! I have 3 dogs, and 4 kids, and it works way better than a normal vacuum! I dont care what anyone says! I am a clean freak and I swear by them!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have the Animal. It is so much better than the Hoover I had before I bought it. I have 2 cats and the Dyson was worth the price for me; it really picks up the cat hair out of the carpet.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I didn't notice a difference at all unfortunately. I think it's all hype from their own commercials.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010