Child's birthday party...

What do you make for people to eat? Do you just do cake and ice cream?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• We usually do cake or cupcakes. Sometimes with icecream. Once we did a BBQ and had hamburgers. Friends have done sandwiches.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• You can make it as simple or elaborate as you are comfortable with. I have been to cookouts for a child's birthday and I have also been to one that was a couple of appetizers and then cake with ice cream. Make sure the time of day is appropriate for what you are serving. I think the party is really for the adults when the child is just one or two. JMO Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with the above, i wouldnt have a lunch time or dinner time party without an actual meal, have it at an inbetween time and have finger foods and cake and icecream!!! Unless you want to have a big meal at the party then by all means go for it!! But I would surely tell people that you will be serving a meal on the invites so they dont feed everyone a big meal right before they show up!!! Just a thought!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Pizza, cake and ice cream
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Depending on the age I'd go for after a nap. If you like to have picnicwith hamb. and hot dogs on the grill, then Dad can help. Throw some chips & pretzels in a bowl. It really depends on just how big you want to make it. If not that, have a nice quiet party and have cake and ice cream.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010