How much would I have to walk everyday to loose baby belly if thats the only exercise I am doing?

I am only 4 weeks postpartum from a c-section can't do much else yet. Tried swimming (OUCH) lol. I'll stick to just walking for now.

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• To lose the baby belly if all you are doing is walking is going to take a while. Not to say it can't be done. However, in order for walking to be effective enough for you to burn any real calories, you have to walk at a pace brisk enough to increase your heart rate. The key for your belly burning success if you are breastfeeding is going to be in the types of foods that you eat. Eating a meal like skinless chicken breast, asparagus, and quinoa would be an excellent fat burning meal to accentuate your walking!
    MzZiXiu4U

Answer by MzZiXiu4U at 3:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Don't overdo it. Get your Drs OK. Walking is great exercise. Don't know how much to do, but you can work your way up to more strenuous things as you heal. Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Anything helps! Start out slow.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I walked a mile today, but not sure if that was enough. I still have about 15 lbs I want to loose...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I just had a c section almost 4 months ago. It's tough to lose the belly, I've been working on mine and I've lost all the baby weight but the belly is a different story. I've read several different things saying it takes a longtime to get your stomach back. If you are interested in a workout buddy let me know, I'd be more than happy to have workout partner.
    LizLambo

Answer by LizLambo at 9:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010