I am over-weight, 20 kiloes, Can it be dangrous during pregnancy?

I try to conceive and it puts an extra stress on me. Should I really drop it down before getting pregnant or is it OK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drop the weight...you will be more prone to problems and more likely to get develop things like gestational diabetes.

For your own health and safety as well as the baby's you are trying to conceive, I would drop the weight.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with PP.... being overweight can cause alot of problems and usually ends up in a C section..... GL!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• God , help me... I would cry. It is impossible for me. The more I try the more I gain weight. I have only 3 months time. ...
    Irene80

Answer by Irene80 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Medically, you should lose the weight first. You can be more prone to gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. You baby can be born overweight or also be born with diabetes. It can also result in the need to a C-section and/or heavy bleeding. I am also overweight and I always have been. I have had 5 babies and other than an elevated blood pressure toward the end of my last 3 pregnancies, everyone was healthy. So, it does not mean that you or the baby are or will be in any danger, but there is a higher risk.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2010