Does your son touch his pee pee every time he's naked?

I hate the fact that he's always touching his pee pee. At first I thought he had just realized what in between his legs. I check him all the time it looks normal no rash or nothing and I make sure to clean him well and let it air out at least for an hour each day. He even gets mad at me for moving his hands out of there. Ewww. How can I make him stop.

nessac1987

Asked by nessac1987 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Uh my son does this too LOL I thought it was just a stage but he keeps doing it, It must be a guy thing LOL
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• mine is too young but my mom said thats a boys favorite toy lol
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• lol. It's perfectly normal. Im sorry this bothers you, but I promise you it's not in a sexual way for him. Shunning him from his body may backfire on you in the future. Good luck!
    Jonathan101909

Answer by Jonathan101909 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ha ha I would love to know this too... my son does the same thing, Little boys are so gross!! Lol!
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son is 2 and a half and does all the time. He is always naked. He puts his clothes on to go out but as soon as he gets in he strips off.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My 14 does this, yes. It's completely normal. I think the more you make a big deal out of it the more he will want to do it. Just make him wash his hands afterwards if it bothers you.
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 4:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• You cannot make him stop... sigh... thus begins the lifelong fascination with the pee pee. It is perfectly natural. All little boys do it. The more of a deal you make of it, the more he will do it. You do need to set limits, though, tell him that if he needs to touch it, he can do that only in the bath or whatever place you determine reasonable. You didn't mention his age, so this advice may or may not be appropriate, but as soon as he is old enough to understand, make sure that he knows to do that only in a private place, i.e. the bath.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL ok well I'm glad my sons not the only one. It just bothered me at first cause I was like yuck man stop that... LOL but if its normal then I'll let him do his thing... haha
    nessac1987

Comment by nessac1987 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes. my sons are 4 and 5 and they still always do it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Its a guy thing. They start playing with it the minute they discover that it is down there, and never stop. DH is 25 and can't keep his hands off of his either... so he has no room to fuss at the 7y/o, 2y/o or 1y/o that play with theirs.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010