How would you react if a 3 yr old bit and drew blood from your 2 yr old?

Today a 3 yr old bit and drew blood from my 2 yr old today because the 3 yr old wanted a toy that my son had. My child does not bite. The mother didn't seem to even care that her child bit mine. How would you react in this situation?

Misteh

Asked by Misteh at 4:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would comfort my 2 year old and help her get over it. As much as I would be angry, you will get people like that who do not care what their children do and I guess the only real thing you can do is help your child overcome the upset. In my opinion there would be no point addressing the mother because she isn't going to change especially if she acts unphased about it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• thats difficult, first you must explain to the 3 yr. old how wrong it is to HURTanother human being, then u let him/her apologise to the younger one and let him\her know what the consequence is if it happens again......
    tammil81

Answer by tammil81 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No apology??!! No more playdates with them until older unless I was sitting on the floor with them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• When reacting to any type of injuries inflicted by another child always remove anger from the equation and introduce understanding. I would have went to the mother and not the child. The actions of the mom were a clear indication that the child didn't feel he did anything wrong because he was not disciplined by his own mother. I would have shown her my sons hand and asked her how she plans to pay for the medical bill.
    MzZiXiu4U

Answer by MzZiXiu4U at 4:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010