Determining the best timing for intercourse adult content

So, after lots of reading, I am hoping I have this right: Chart your BBT at the same time each morning before getting up to do anything (which I have been doing for over a month), also be charting your CM to check for changes that may help you predict when the most fertile days are.....creamy (getting closer to ovulation), wet (fertile),egg white and stretchy (very fertile). Take the OPK tests which can show you that you are approaching ovulation (my tests show a dark red line when you are) then know that you will probably ovulate later that day or within 2 days at the most.
I had low temps, increasingly wet CM and a + OPK test on Wednesday, so we had intercourse that night. The next day, my CM changed to cloudy and my temp went up by .4 degrees. Friday and Saturday it stayed elevated and I did feel some leftsided pain which I am told could be me ovulating? I hopeI am on the right track?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 4:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i think thats right..i never timed anything i just made sure we did the deed every 3 days
    mommyziegler

Answer by mommyziegler at 4:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I used fertility friend.com and got pregnant on the first try ;o)
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Lucky you, happytexasCM! We have been on a very long conception journey so now that I know what I didn't know before, I trust that we will get pregnant too! We have 2 wonderful children whom we have adopted and they were so excited when we told them that I was pregnant back in the winter. We weren't trying or timing or anything and were just surprised!) Sadly, I m/c just into my 2nd trimester. So, here we go again. This time, we are trying to read all we can to figure this conception thing out as there was alot that we were never told when asking our doctor many years ago.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am loving fertilityfriend.com It is an amazing site! Doing the CM, BBT and OPK charting on their site. Hoping that it helps us!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i used fertility friend too!
    sounds like you're doing it all right... even then it might take a few tries so don't get discouraged! i remember thinking how when i was in high school i thought it was so EASY to get pregnant! ha!
    Good luck!!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think every other day works best for timing intercourse. 3 days is on the long side and sperm life depends alot on diet of the man and vaginal conditions of woman.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010