Only married because.......

did any of you only get married because you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I got married when I was 17 years old and I was not pregnant. I got pregnant after we got married. So no it was all planned, even my baby.
    Anonymous

• No I didn't, but everyone that I have known that has gotten married because of pregnancy end up in divorce within 5 years. I've known 5 couples that have gotten married because of pregnancy and all 5 of them ending in divorce within 5 years.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree with SAHMinIL... it is very unwise to marry just for that. It isn't a death sentence for the marriage, but it definately doesn't start things off on the right foot. My parents married b/c they concieved me, and were divorced in 4 years because my dad wasn't ready, my mom wasn't ready, and my dad cheated. They're both great people now, but back then.. too immature to know what a marriage takes.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My friend got pregnant at sixteen and her and her bf got married. Now she's 22 with a 5, 3,and 2 year old in the middle of a divorce. My bf and I are not married and we planned our pregnancy. He wants to marry (for love not baby), but I'm not ready for marraige just engagement and family. I don't think it's ever wise to marry just for a baby or stay married just for the kids.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my parents did. mom 16, dad 20. what a mistake.. I always hoped they would get a divorce.. they were miserable, and so were me and my sis. they finally divorced when i got married....
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 7:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I was 15 when I got preggo. I did not marry him then to be honest i know now that i did not even love him then. But we are very much in love now and happy. We plan to offically tie the knot soon but not until we are both ready and sure about what we want. I love him, he loves me, and we love our kids, thats enough for me.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yup...not a very good reason...would never do it again for that reason
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i believe the only reason my husband asked me was because I was pregnant. I made him wait almost two years before we got married. We had a rough 6 months this year, but are quite happy.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2008