Antique Book value site?

Anyone know of a site where I can get an idea of value on old books? I went to a flea market today and found some old books. Most of them have some damage but all are readable. I went on ebay and looked them up. I found all but one book there. But I don't want to trust ebay prices as far as value goes.

I have:

* Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. Copyright 1945. Paid $5
* The Brownings: A Victorian Idyll by David Loth. Copyright 1929. Paid $5
* The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchhill. Copyright 1915. Paid $7
* Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. Copyright 1938. Paid $3

The last is in the worst condition. But like I said still readable. Any ideas what they could be worth? If not much I'll just keep them. I'll put them up so there isn't any more damage after I read them once.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 5:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• Unless you have one of the first publications for a book then you aren't going to get much out of it. I have two antique books (1800's), one is a geography school book from the late 1800's (first publication) and Sir Walter Scott's Lady of the Lake (second edition). I took both of them to an antique book dealer and he said because of the recession, I probably won't get much for them, but if I wait a few more years, then I could get some serious money from someone who really wants them. I don't plan on selling mine. I was just curious as to how much they would be worth. They are being used as decoration in my study and occasionally I will get the geography book out and have a good laugh.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• try alibris - site for out of print books
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• JeremysMom... OMG I have Scott's Lady of the Lake too. Mine has the green embossed cover and is Kenilworth, Franklin Edition. I have many very old books. My favorite is a little one that is a 1892 Salem Edition of The House of Seven Gable by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I actually didn't get them thinking they were valuable...the are priceless for decorating! :) I hope you can find what you are looking for, if not set it on a table and enjoy it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010