what should i do

I told my husband that I nerd to either go to la for a little while or check myself into a mental hospital but he said I can't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• oooo just go n check yourself in hes only the boss half the time:)
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• your husband cant tell you you cant do something. especially when it is in your best interest.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Do wat u have 2 do, he'll only b mad 4 a little while, Take care of u or it all will fall apart.
    mmm10578

Answer by mmm10578 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• he should support you in wanting to improve yourself mentally. contact a therapist...i go to one.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 5:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• "either go to LA or check myself into a mental hospital" ... and he said no ... probably because it sounds like manipulation. wanting to go to LA is wanting a vacation or a getaway. that is not what a mental hospital is for. It sounds like a child: "I need this toy or I'll just die"! Of course he said no - he probably doesn't like being manipulated like that. If you're wanting a getaway, then you need to sit down and express that like and discuss that like an adult.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yeah, I don't get that. "LA or a mental hospital". There's no comparison. If you feel the need for a break, that's one thing. Needing the services of a mental hospital is another. They don't compare.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 6:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you feel like you need a break thats something you need to arrange with him if you have kids etc. If you have a problem you can see a professional without his permission.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I say choose the mental hospital
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Unless LA is home where you can be with family and friends for moral support I'd just go ahead and sign myself in. I call it a poor man's vacation. They won't let you leave for 72 hours but that is ok, you are fed and taken care of, someone listens to you, you are clean and safe. It's not a bad idea. Depending on what kind of insurance you have it could be a pretty good break. However, know that if it's not drug or alcohol related they won't let you stay for more than two weeks. Make sure someone responsible can watch the kids. Don't let HIM sign you in or he doesn't have to let you out! Stay in control and sign yourself in.
    Anonymous

• Take care of yourself
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010