At what age do you think it is appropriate for your teenager to start dating?

Age for your son?
Age for your daughter?
Should this age be different for a son and a daughter?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you should at least be old enough to drive.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I started dating at 14. I think it depends on their maturity though. I personally think 14/15 is an appropriate age. But, of course I would have to meet the person they are going out with and know where they are going and such.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• at age 17
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 5:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Hi I do agree I think it depends on the maturity level of the teen; however, I really think if your referring to a real dating seen, above 16 to me is more appropriate. Like maybe 16 1/2 for a true real date. Prior to that age, it's too soon. THese kids are very fickel for the most part and if they get into situations they don't know how to handle it can result in a baby coming into this world. Not saying every teen at 16 or below is having sex, but lets face it. THe way of the world now there are already far too many young mom's and dad's that have their hands full now with starting to be parents. I'm again basing this on the maturity of the youth. Everyone teenager matures differently.
    It's a really difficult challenge we have to let them grow up I know but as a Mom for me it's hard to even imagine being a Grandma way to early (ugggg)
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• When they are adults. I do not believe teens should date. Dating is searching for a spouse and there is no need for teens to engage in that.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ours wont . We believe in courting and if we feel like if they find their spouse before 18 and want to be married we would allow it. but no part of it is an easy choice it would take a lot of prayer

luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 10:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Not before 18. Friendships are OK. Anything more is just not going to be something we tolerate. I used to think that I would. But the more I think about it. I see no point in two minors claiming each other in a romantic way. They can wait till they're 18 and be friends until then.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• High School
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• 14 group or family dates. 16 for one on one dates. same for boys and girls. But I would make adjustments for maturity level. I am almost positive my son won't be ready at either of those ages.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I think it depends more on their maturity than age, for both boys and girls. And even then it will be group dates in public places.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010