who do I make sure my son will rember his father

my byfriends leaving for Iraq 3 months after my son will be born and wont be back for a year and a half. I worred that when he comes back my son wont have that father bond with him.

aliciadav87

Asked by aliciadav87 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• My sis is in Afghanistan and we set up a blog so she can post and we can post back and forth to each other...pictures, movies, etc.

Also show him pictures of dad and talk about dad and when dad calls let him talk on the phone......

My sis has been gone since June and her baby just turned 11 months today......
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Show him pictures, send each other e-mails.

The bond will be there, but it may be hard when dad first returns.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• he will be able to call you most likely at least from time to time. Show pictures and when he calls put the phone up to babys ear. My daughter was just an infant when my husband went overseas for 2 years. she remembered him when he came back, he was very familiar to her.
    shana.maria81

Answer by shana.maria81 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I AGREE WITH shana.maria81. I THINK THAT EMAIL WILL HELP YOU AND HUBBY KEEP IN TOUCH, BUT NOT REALLY GONNA HELP WITH YOUR SON'S REMEMBERING HIM. TRY TO ASSOCIATE PICS AND DADDY'S VOICE TOGETHER. I'M SURE IT WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS TO GET IN THE SWING OF THINGS WHEN HE GETS BACK, BUT DONT WORRY. THEY WILL BE FINE AND THAT BOND WILL BE THERE.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They have these dolls in the bx called daddy dolls. You can have him get one and they even sell voice recorders that you can put inside the doll so he can say a phrase and you can play it for your son so he recognizes his voice when he comes back. I'm pretty sure you can find them online too.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008