Bedrest Activities?

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have been diagnosed with an irritiable uterus and was told to REST. I am so bad at resting. I like to be up and moving around. I am a full time homemaker so I want to keep the house in tip top shape and I homeschool our kids who are 10 and 6. Right now though the most important thing is keeping baby Ty in so I need some activities to do that are fun and going to keep us busy as a family but can be done sitting down on bedrest. Thanks.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 5:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mom homeschooled me the year she was preg. and on bed rest with my older baby brother. I remember hours of doing school work in her room. I was in the first grade. We read the Chronicles of Narnia and Laura Engels. I learned Chinese checkers. We played Uno. We memorized scripture and listened to favorite music. My mom is technically my step-mom, but married my dad when I was 3. We had a bit of a rough start. This particular year, we lived in a yucky little town, in a tiny trailer. My dad was away for work from dawn till after I was in bed most days. This is still one of the greatest years in my memory because my mom and I bonded in such a special way. Oh-most important-we had one of those medical books with the stages of pregnancy. I went to all the app.s and then we would look at the pics of "our baby" in the book and read about the development. You can do this on Baby Center online now. O loved it too!
    Jennibug

Answer by Jennibug at 12:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• reading
    board games (lay it on your lap if you must).
    coloring
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• all the above that outstandinglovesaid plus there crossword puzzels and brain busters all kinds of lil things to pass time!! good luck mama
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well if you can home-school from bed- also make baby blankets, start a baby journal. make meal plans (this way you wont have to think when your exhausted), make chore charts so everyone can get in the swing of things before next LOL arrives, clip coupons and get an organizer for them, find some new yummy recipes online, look up craft online then make sure you pick ones you can do from bed with your kiddos.... the list can go on... if looking for any extra income you could make and sell diaper cakes (they have some great demos on you tube), also possibly make Halloween costumes for all from bed (again tons of online and youtube ideas and instructions)... and dont forget to take some time to write to friends and family just for fun and to catch up- letters are a nice long forgotten luxery now a days...GL momma and it will deff. be worth it!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Until this point in your pregnancy, you've probably been going about your normal activities of work, chores at home, spending time with family and friends, and exercise. Do you home school from bed? Stick to a schedule. Even if you have to stay in bed all day, you'll feel better if you take care of yourself. After you wake up, change into comfortable clothes and plan what to do for the day. Try these time passers choose a doctor for your child, find quality child care, or write up a birth plan (if you haven't already done these things)start a journal chronicling your pregnancy — start a family tree that you can share with your child someday.firm up your baby-name choices; use books and websites for ideas.organize photo albums. Read. stock your nursery( phone and internet shopping).get-togethers while still in bed (invite ppl over ). Online you can do many things play games free @www.omgpop.com
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010