What would you say if your teenager's girlfriend said...

"I am such good friends with another guy and I have known him for so long, that I could spend the night at his house if I wanted to." and the guy she is talking about is not your son.

What is your first reaction to this situation?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Stay out of it is the best advice on here. It's between her and her parents and maybe her and your son if he is uncomfortable with it. It has nothing to do with you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my thought would probably be that it's inappropriate for a teenager to spend the night at the house of the opposite sex.

but she's not my kid, it's not my relationship, and it's not my business.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Stay out of it. Either tell him that she said that and nothing else or let it run its course. He needs to learn how to deal with situations like this on his own.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• First thought would be if her parents know about this. No way is it appropriate for her to be staying at and guy friends house.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Key word "TEENAGERS" not good!!! Way to young for this kinda situation
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my son has a friend that is a girl that he has been friends with since pre school. They really do sleep over each other's houses and there is no problem with it. They help each other out with relationship problems and really there is nothing going on there.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My bestfriend was like this...i was her only girl friend!! ANd she would sleep at their houses or vice versa!!! Never any thing sexual at all!!! And no one called her a slut for it either!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• umm wtf.... i would talk with my son about it
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Your slutty and go sleep where ever you want your not sleeping here. Tell my son that he needs to start picking girls that have more respect for him.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would defidently let my son know about it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010