Is it normal to break out in a rash after u have a baby?

About a day and a half of giving birth to my beautiful baby girl,I noticed that I started getting little red bumps on my legs. They began itching really bad. But the thing is,the rash is only on my legs. Thank god it hasnt spread anywhere else. Is that normal? Some say that its a side effect from the epidural,but still im a little afraid to touch my baby. I dont want to be giving her anything. What do u guys think it is? Is this normal?

NEWMOMMYJUN2008

Asked by NEWMOMMYJUN2008 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• This is a problem that I have also encountered...caused by the antistetic...call the doctor for a prescription to relieve that itching.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I too had itched like crazy from the epi. I agree the doc should give ya something to put on the rash and as for the itching try benadryl.
    Patty24momof5

Answer by Patty24momof5 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had a baby boy June 3rd and I'm breastfeeding. I'm getting rashes on my breasts something fierce. :-( I feel you. I've been using anti-itch cream.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2008