New Orleans weekend getaway!!!!!

We are going in 2 weeks for 3 nights and have never been, I was looking for family fun and budget friendly things to to and good places to eat. Was also if anyone knows about the power pass. We want to make the most of our time there and we do have our own car.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't have any advice but have fun!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 5:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I dont know how old your kids are but they have a zoo , aquarium,children s museum and city park ....plenty of shopping and restaurants http://www.neworleanskids.com/index.html  good luck and have fun !

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i don't have any advice for you but HAVE FUN!!!
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have to say it: I hate you LOL

Have fun and don't let stupid little things get in your way of that ^_^
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you are staying down by Bourbon street you can walk and take the streetcar up to the large city park and zoo. On your way you will go through the garden district of really beautiful old Antebellum mansions.
    As for cheap eating, Mother's on Poydras street is fantastic for breakfast. There is a long, long lineup so get there early and plan to wait a while. Johnny's Po'Boy is fantastic, too. Depending on how big your kids are a Po Boy and a Muffaletta sandwich will do for a whole family. Get them to go and walk a couple blocks to the river- maybe you'll catch the sight of some ships going by, surely there will be some street musicians along the way.
    I'm really glad I live so far away I can't go very often- I would weigh about 300 pounds. The food is wonderful. For dress up try Muriel's- the prix fixe menu at about $30 can't be beat. The kids will love the buffet at Harrah's too- anything they want!
    getting_by_ok

Answer by getting_by_ok at 7:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010