when does a babies hair fall out and will it stay the same colour , its dark and straight but we are all blonde

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 5:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My nephew was born with a FULL head of dark hair. Within about 8 months it all fell out and turned very blonde. :) He has been blonde ever since.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh and both of his parents have dark hair.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my first DD started SUPER dark brown then went redish they blondish now back to a dirty blond color -most changes were over the first couple years.....
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have a friend who's daughter was born with almost black hair, about 6 to 8 months later, She was blonde almost white hair. All her family is blonde too..
    mmm10578

Answer by mmm10578 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• We have the opposite problem. DH and I both have very dark hair and DS has blonde hair. When he was born it was real dark and then got lighter. I know with my nephew he had blonde curly hair until he got his first haircut at age 4. When it grew back in it was dark brown and straight.
    DixieFlower

Answer by DixieFlower at 6:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My daughter's hair fell out somewhere around 3 or 4 months old. She never went totally bald though. It's just looking back at pictures you see that she has less hair for awhile. She was born with brown hair and still has brown hair. My husband, his parents, and both my parents all have brown hair, though. I have red hair.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son's hair never fell out (what little he had that is!) and has stayed brown. DD has brown hair also and is 5 months old and just getting more hair everyday (didn't start with much, like DS). DH and I are both brunettes, although DH's is more auburn and mine is darker. I was very blond until about 11 years old though.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son had real dark hair when he was born. It all fell out by 2 months and he was bald till 6 months when he started growing in blonde hair :) He went from dark to blonde. Hes 13 months and its still blonde!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010