did you get married and have kids b4 most of your HS classmates?

some of the people i graduated with recently added me to facebook, and most of them now are just gettin married and very few have any kids. i married at 21 and had my first kid at 22 and i have 3 total, and im just now going back to college. (im 29)
i dont regret any of it but feel a little awkward talkin to these people cause their life revolves around their career, buying the nicest thing, and partying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I married before almost everyone else i know. But the kids question is a little more complicated for me to answer. I haven't had any kids but i'm a mother of 2 boys. So i became a mother before almost everyone else ...but i haven't had a baby yet.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i did. i think i was the first one in my graduating class to get married and have kids. Which i did at the age of 19. although some of my fellow classmates got pregnant in high school. none of them actually got married and had kids and a family.
    KENZIKISSES13

Answer by KENZIKISSES13 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yep. We had our first when I was 19, didn't even have a full year of college under my belt yet. Many seem to have started their families at the time we were having our second child, so early to mid 20s. I'm like you though, 10 years down the line and just going back to school. I don't regret a minute of it either. Can't say it makes me feel awkward with anyone, but it sure does make for some real short conversations with those that haven't had this much "life experience" yet. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was pregnant at 17 and graduated in June, had the baby in November. Fortunately I married the father but he was away in the Marines for 4 years off & on. My friends avoided me like I has the plague, didn't stop by or even call very often. I was very lonely because I didn't know anyone my age that had a baby to be friends with. But somehow with the love of my husband and loving my baby who was a part of him, I made it, and I'm still married 47 yrs later.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My husband and I graduated together, we were the first out of everyone to marry (we were 19 going on 20), now, after three years of marriage we have three little boys, 2, 1, and almost 5 months. Most of the people we graduated with are only now starting to get engaged/married.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL well since I was pregnant with my first baby at 16 yes
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I had my first child at 19 and married he's dad 9 days before our 2nd child was born, I was 21, then, So I'd have to say yes..
    mmm10578

Answer by mmm10578 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I married a year out of HS and had a baby a year later. Very few of the people I graduated with had kids that young. Most are just within the last few years having babies and were in our mid 30's now. I'm done having kids now and they are just now starting to have them.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would say so I was the first (that I know of to have a child) i never even made it to high school though. I got pregnant at 15. There are about 4 or 5 more that have had children by now but no one is married yet. I am the only one so far.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I did marry at 21 and hubby was 20 and we are still together almost 14 years and yes I did join facebook and most of my old school friends kids are way younger then my 13 year old and when I look at their profiles they all went to college and stuff, but I have health problems so I married had my son and for the most part ok with the way things turned out and thinking about on line classes for medical coding. Everything happens for a reason, if I would not have had my son when I did I would not have him.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010