How do you bite your lip?

When your hubby does something insane that you understand (see my hubby just quit his job if you wanna know more) how do you bite your lip during that time he won't listen to reason? I know I can talk to him later, after he calms down but until then how do I keep from screaming YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT!?!?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• open mouth. insert copious quantities of chocolate. you may need to repeat this process several times.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My husband did this exact thing to me around this time last year and we are just now getting back on our feet.
    How did I bite my tounge... well honestly, i didn't at first. But I understood why he did, even though I didn't agree with him.
    I stood by him because I love him and after I gave him a few choice words I told him just that. I love him and even when he does something I may not agree with I will still stand by him and support him just as he would support and stand by me.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I just tell him that i can't talk about it right now and either walk away (or in my case, hang up the phone) or change the subject.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yea thats a tough one try writing him a note and giving it to him, I know mine won't talk when he is mad upset he just sits there and keeps quiet..DRIVES ME BONKERS I wanna SCREAM "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU JUST TELL ME" good luck sweetie
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• And we got through it together.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't. I give it to him straight up. Tell him that what he did was stupid. I don't think it's smart to bite your lip if they're doing something stupid like that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No sense in biting your lip or screaming. I'd just calmly say "Ok, now what?" It was his stupid decision so it's up to him to fix it. Just sit back and let him figure it out. I would however mark in clear site on a calendar what day bills are due and how much it is. I would also write in big letters on a piece of paper on the refrigerator, my grocery list to let him see what he has to come up with the money to buy so we can eat. I'd also mark the bottle of detergent to let him see how low it's getting....see where I'm going with this?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• girl..i dunno. when they keep telling you 'trust me..things will work out' but you don't see any action, its super hard. i bite my lip more often than he will admit. just yesterday, he came home to tell me his sister/family stopped by his pharmacy (from our hometown 4hrs away) on their way to louisiana. during the visit, she told him to be sure and tell me we (me and ds) could stay with them anytime we came back to visit. (back story: this sister is so busy keeping up with the joneses, even family has to get on a 2mo schedule, just for a family birthday..in other words, she's never made any strides for families getting together. she's the kind of person who says things, to be nice, because she thinks thats what she's supposed to say. very transparent, IMO) so he says, ''wasn't that nice? you should take them up on it. you'd have fun!'' right..i wanted to say HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FREAKIN MIND..or..YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ..so i just sort of said,''uhh...'' and turned back to doing whatever i was doing. it still bugs the crap out of me that he thinks i would actually think she's sincere.
    anyhoo, i guess we bite our lips to keep the peace..and choose a worthier battle at the proper time.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Wait until he calms down
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010