how old do you think is ok to start taking your baby out and about?

my baby was born the 25th of this month.. and i have been getting invited to family members houses to see the baby or i get invited to lunch or dinner (resturants) with friends and they want me to bring the baby. some say i shouldnt go out at all until the babys like 2 months while others say its okay already... idk??

Mrs.Arias

Asked by Mrs.Arias at 6:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• whatever you feel compfortable i would wait a little while on the resturaunts though just my opinion :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• For me,it depended on the weather. My son was born in spring,May,and he was out with us at the grocery store at 48 hrs old,and at the mall a week later. just keep the baby away from anyone who's been sick,and have everyone wash their hands before handling.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I had my kids out within a few days and they survived. I was a single parent (married but hubby deployed) and had things to do and older kids to care for.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I took my baby out the night after he was born and everyday since then pretty much.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Congratulations! It's fine as long as you feel up to it.. You don't want to get overtired. Make sure you keep sun off her/him, etc and go and enjoy! I always said that it was the easiest time to go out and travel because they were not moving around!
    Anonymous

• You can go out with a newborn right away. There is no "time limit" on it. If you feel up for it then go.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• like pp said its fine just make sure others wash the hands and stay away from sick ppl i waited awhile before taking him to restaurants and other public places just my opinion gl
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I waited til they were about 3-4 months. they were born during RSV season. It depends on the child. My sister daughter gets sick all the time
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 7:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was out that week
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• You can take baby out when you are ready to be out with him. No official time frame. and certainly no need to stay cooped up until 2 months! That is just silly! And if you want to keep hands off put baby in the car seat/carrier and lay a light blanket over the whole thing. Or wear baby in a wrap. The no one can take or hold the baby!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010