took my 2 year old dd to the dr today.....

they said she has the MRSA staph infection on her arm in one of her arterys. they wont give her anything for pain or nothing!!!! they also put her on the meds i clearly told them she is immune too. they just dont work for her. they said the artery can rupture at anytime cuz of the pressure in it. they are going to hospitalize her monday if it aint any better. any advise??? im lost!

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 6:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How could be be "immune" to medicine? Has she been on THAT many antibiotics? The reason for no Rx pain meds is because they depress respriations in little ones. Keep her on Tylenol or Motrin
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i cant' imagine why they wont give her medicine for the pain, and if there was a possibility or rupture why she wouldnt be in the hospital now...sorry mama! I hope everything turns out okay!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 6:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My question is why she isn't in the hospital now!!! Maybe you can call the doctor and clarify!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Don't take "No" for an answer. Doctor's think they're big-shots and know everything, well they don't. Not to say they should follow excatly what YOU say either as you have (probably) no schooling for that either.

Let them try out the meds if it makes them feel better, but if you SERIOUSLY (not just being a worried mom) think something is going to do harm to you child, stand up and don't let them do it.

Also, if its pressure that will make the artery rupture then try to keep her calm at all times. That seems impossible with a 2 yr old but do what you can to keep her blood pressure down.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• MRSA is immune to most drugs, so they are useless, your dr. sounds pretty out of it. For the pain, can she have an anti- inflamatory like advil?(forget the tecnical name for it) Those bumps are NASTY and realy hurt, I'd take her in now, they can lance it can't they?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• not where its at. its the pressure from the staph that will make it rupture. theres nothing i can do. they refuse to admit her into the hospial right now. the dr was real bitch about it.
    xkrystals.momx

Comment by xkrystals.momx (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• MRSA is not resistant to Bactrim which is probably the antibiotic that they prescribed.

I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion....I hope this all goes as smoothly as possible...your poor baby!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree, I'd go to another doctor. What is the name of the prescription the doctor gave her? I have used tea tree oil on the surface of staph as well as a prescription antibiotic ointment. That in combination with the antibiotics have gotten rid of the infection.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010