OMG is this really happening?

Ok so i live in an apartment, Lately things have been come missing.....First time i noticed it it was some thing small like my broom that was last month...I was like on it must have been missed placed i looked for it but never found it (like how places could a boom hide its a broom for goodness sakes) . Now today i came home we were gone for maybe 1 hour when i got home my huge jesus last supper picture was stolen Like litterally taken off my wall and GONE!!!! We always lock out doors and no one had the key but us and the people who work here of course.....any way we called th police they reported it but they said there isent much we could do about it uless we catch the person or have a suspect.......Im starting to think it was the secrutiy gaurd or some one who works in the building, I mean is there any thing else i can do about this?????

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Have a friend come over and stay the night. Keep them on the "down low" from other people so no one knows they're there. Then, take a ride to the market....let your friend stay. If someone's coming in, they'll see you leave and think it's "safe"...I'd try that first, then...I'd try the cameras. *nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Set up a camera!!!!!! and then put something really good out in the open for bait!
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 7:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• its probably a ghost:) j/k but reall :)
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• do you have a patio that maybe has an unlocked door? Or a window that is unlocked? Sorry this is happening to you!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was going to say it was a ghost, but I agree with setting up the camera.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It has to be someone that knows what you have and when you're gone. Look at your windows, can anyone look into them? What about your door, were the things that were stolen visible from just having the door open?

I agree, set up a hidden video camera (so they can't steal it LOL) and catch them in the act on video.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Wow, I'm sorry that's happening to you. Since you said you always lock your doors, it's either someone that works for the apartment complex, or maybe someone who used to live there still has a key and just said that they lost it before when they were moving out. Can you set up a camera like others said? Or even act like you're leaving and go park your car somewhere else where you can watch your front door? Good luck.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It sounds to me that it's someone who works there, or maybe you have a really good thief living around you.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I kid you not, when my parents bought their first house it was brand new but the model house. My Mom would come home and find that their furniture had been rearranged. One day she got a call that there was car in the driveway, she rushed home but missed the people. Turns out some people had been using their house to plan a bank robbery! The same car was used in a bank robbery. The people later confessed that they has used the house as a meeting place and due to the fact that it was a model home a lot of people had a key to it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm hesitant to think it's someone that works there. It could be, but I'm more likely to think it's someone that either was given a key by the last tenants, the last tenants themselves, or someone that can pick a lock. I would inform your apartment management and ask for new locks for the doors.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010