What would you be thinking or have thought?

The other night we had company from out of town family that we see often in a year. Anyway my niece who is 15 yrs. old now is going to sleep by herself in the bdroom (she has her own room at home but I found it odd that she asked me to cover the mirrors for her I said sure are you afraid of the reflection of the lightning? It wasn't even rainning I just made a joke out of it. but I tried to get it out of her but she would just give me this look like I want to tell you but I am not. I just played it off and said it's ok sweetheart sweet dreams goodnight.
What do you think was going on? Hmmm!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Mirrors are scary at night! lol I was really scared when I was a kid of the bloody mary thing.. you know where you go in a bathroom and say it 3 times and you are supposed to see her in the mirror.. lol stupid but I was scared of mirrors for a LONG time.. at night that is.
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 7:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She has a mirror fobia I guess. I am 49 and still will not go to sleep with the closet door open.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She thinks she's a vampire??? lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yeah, maybe its just a thing that scares her and she doesn't want to admit it or thinks that you would call her crazy.

I'm still afraid of the dark, of shower drains, closet doors, etc. I can't imagine having a mirror in my room at night *shutters* lol. Everything is creepy at night so I don't blame her.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She could have a phobia but not to worry they either grow out of it or learn to cope and if it is only when she is sleeping then I would not worry to much about it.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• maybe she saw something in the mirror one night.Young ones are more susceptible to seeing other worldly things. My ex saw a spirit once & it freaked him out so bad, he can't even get himself to talk about it. Maybe she is doing the same. Or, maybe she is just genuinly scared of mirrors in the dark. Maybe she saw that horror movie "mirrors" or whatever it's called with Kiefer sutherland in it. It was pretty scary.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yeah maybe she is scared of mirrors
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She sounds like she is afraid of something, some sort of phobia!

Answer by older at 9:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would guess it was an attention seeking behavior.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Makes me wander why too... Glad you covered them and went on your business... If she wanted you to khow she would of told you...

Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010