Why am I gaining so much weight?

I am 38 weeks pregnant, have worked out my enire pregnancy, counted my calories daily and have maintained a healthy diet and yet I have still gained 45 pounds, and am still gaining. I was an average weight when I got pregnant and in very good shape so i just don't get why so much and where it's all going, I can still even wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes. Any thoughts? I am trying not to worry about it but sometimes I get down about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• relax, i gained over 40 as well. i gave birth 5 days ago and already my belly is flat and i look like i did before i was pregnant. i worked out my entire pregnancy too. it really is all baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Women gain more or less or right on target for pregnancy. It is not due to working out just remember you have a little one inside you and not to stress over it.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• actually i just remembered i gained 47 lbs with my pregnancy. i weighed 108 before and 155 at the end and it seemed to melt off after giving birth. if you want proof you can go to my profile and look under my pictures in the album "my little girl". don't even think about what the scale says. you'll be back to normal in no time
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• 45lbs is not bad!!! I tried so hard with my last one to gain only 49lbs and I ended up gaining 60! I gained 75 with my first, 70 with my second, 55 with my 3rd and 60 with my 4th!!
    You will probably lose it pretty quick afterwards, since you say its not alot of fat. I still lost it fast (although I worked hard) and within the first couple months it was gone!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well the a baby,cord and water area about 20-25 pounds...
    the rest is baby weight...you gain when you are pregnant..that's what happens...
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010