What could be happening with me?

I have not been feeling myself lately what could be going on I am 46 I had my period I have been walking for 2 months now off and on 2 miles in 40 minutes gave up sodas drinking water instead even when I eat.
I am taking Zoloft since '03 no problem there just this past year my period went crazy so my gyno put me on BC to regulate my period everything going good. The other day I got blood work done for my yearly check up turns out that I have a low thyroid. WTF??? I guess I pretty much told you ladies what is wrong see this is what happens when I start babbling....lol
Thanks for listening anyway but would like to hear your input on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• These are times of hormonal change, it makes sense that an imbalance in female hormones would strongly impact thyroid function. I also think that a low thyroid level would be caused because of birth control in some cases if it is not your body by itself making this an issue. So don't worry about sodas lol..it is just something that is done by hormonal changes and shifts.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Just the age when things start to change and minor problems start to show up. I have seen more doctors since I turned 45 than i can count. Yuck!
    Anonymous

• 46 is not to young to be starting to go through menepause you know. My period was messed up going throught the change.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm 44 and my gyn said I'm starting to go through the change. Maybe you are at the start of it too. Good for you for starting walking and getting healthy! Wish I had that motivation! I would think your doctor will recommend what you need to do for the low thyroid.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yeah I am with you, everything is weird. I had my period for three months in a row. I mean for 90 days. IT was crazy it would stop for a day or two then start again. I had blood work done and was low on iron. Duh. Then the next time I had low vitamin D, magnesium. Every test some thing different came back low. Different things. I d k what to think. I am 47 so I am with you in the boat.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010