Have a serious question and really need help....

I have thought about having another baby later on and with my youngest I had gestational daibetes... Do you think it would be a good idea or am I at higher risk to get it everytime I get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you will have a 50 50 shot. I wouldn't let that stop me though since there is plenty you can do and still have a healthy pregnancy. Children really are a blessing! I have 4 blessings :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Generally, you will be at higher risk to have GD but it doesn't mean you will. I didn't have it with my first, but I had it with my last 4 - and I'm around 120 not pregnant so not overweight at all. But as long as you manage it well, there aren't any huge risks and you should be fine having another baby!

Answer by missanc at 7:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Almost all women have some degree of impaired glucose intolerance as a result of hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy. That means that their blood sugar may be higher than normal, but not high enough to have diabetes. During the later part of pregnancy (the third trimester), these hormonal changes place pregnant woman at risk for gestational diabetes. The condition occurs in approximately 4% of all pregnancies.

remember all pregnancies are different and it will depend on your new little one not previous pregnancy but you should talk with your doctor about that happening again if you feel it might happen.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I think you we need more beautiful babies in this world like yours!!
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 7:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• MY sister got it and she has 3.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010