Funniest ways to quit your job.

Trying to find humor in the situation for now. I was looking on line & saw some hilarious ways ppl quit. What's the funniest way you have/can think of quitting your job?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cont.. I went to the director of my son's summer camp and explained the situation. She asked me if I was looking for another job and told her yes. She then said that she had the perfect job for me and she hired me. I went in to work the next day and told my director that I was able to work something out and that I had been hired by the director there. She asked me for what position and when I told her that I had been hired as the Director, her jaw dropped. The look on her face was priceless.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I actually did this one I walked in looked at my boss and said " ok so heres the deal I'm dating your son your'e stressing us both out because we're so tired of having to hear about your problems with you gf I get it at work and then when I get home what do I get you on speaker phone complaining to your son I quit and walked out my bf was waiting in the car and needless to say like 2 seconds later he was being disowned and all that lol but boss got over it begged me back gave me a promotion to store manager a raise and company car lol ! wow tht was like 5 years ago lol !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I quit on impulse once. I walked into the boss's office, laid my ID badge on his desk and then picked up my box of stufff (that I'd been packing all morning under his nose!) and I walked out. The most enjoyable part was when I was walking down the staircase. A coworker had given me an "insultinator" for X-mas which says random insults when a button is pushed. It apparently had bumped a button and all the way down the stairs (3 flights) it kept saying, "You are a stupid, stinky, slimy jerk". lol
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I've always done the right thing and given them 2 weeks notice
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't know if this is would be funny to everyone else, but it was funny to me. I worked at a daycare and I worked my A$$ off for the director. There were several days that I would work 10-11 hours with no lunch break and I was double over my ratio. After a few months of this, I went to her and asked if I could have more of a set schedule. She gave me a set schedule but then started cutting my hours. She finally cut my hours so much that I was actually having to pay to work (gas, summer camp for son, etc). When I went to her and asked her about my hours, she told me that was all the hours she had for me for the next few weeks. I explained about summer camp and I told her that I may have to take a few weeks off so that I don't go broke from working. I did tell her that I would talk with the director and see if I could work something out for that one day, I was suppose to work. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ^^^^ ROTFLMAO!!!!

I've never quit in a funny way. I've just walked out once. Told them this wasn't what I signed on for and left. I've also just not gone back plenty of times.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I went into work at age 18 and said I quit...find a new hostess! They were screwed for the day! By the way they really screwd me over too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well it wasn't funny then, but it kinda is now. I used to work for an OB Gyn that was just horrible and had mental health issues. He asked me one day to rewrite some notes I had put in a patient's chart to make the order appear as though he was in the office. Actually he was in CA at the time and had forgotten to get coverage...Anyhow I refused, and he threatened me, and I refused and finally through his office keys at him and told him to shove it up his ass.
    He eventually got sued, the patient lost her baby, he lost priveldges at all Sentara hospitals in Hampton Roads and eventually his liability carrier dropped him. Sentara then dropped his provider status and he filed for bankruptcy. It would have happened whether I wrote the notes or not..he was a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    I just googled him and it looks he is in Beaufort SC.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i thought i was for sure going to be fired once but it didnt work out that way. My shift manager was harrassing me and being a real jerk so i waited until the end of my shift, i purposely left all my tables dirty and didnt clean anything and when he ran his mouth to me i told him i've heard enough of his mouth for the night and obviously i'm not enough help for him so he can DEAL WITH IT (he had been treating me disrespectfully for a long time). i came in the next morning to pick up my credit card tips and turn in my uniform and my store manager apologized for his behavior and told me she would move him on another shift. I was shocked.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no dont have any funny quitting
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010