PLEASE help

My 6 year old daughter for a week has been having the urge to go potty every 10 minutes. I took her to several doctors and no one knows what is wrong. School starts back on Monday. Is there something over the counter or something that I can give her to relieve the urge to relieve her bladder. We have tried no caffeine, or juices. All she drinks is water. The dr said no cranberry juice help.

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe it's nerves about school starting.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• AZO directions say it can not be used by children under 12 without checking with Dr.

I went to webmd and searched "frequent urination in children" One of the results was overactive bladder caused by pollakiurnia which is related to stress. You can read about it. No real treatment. Often passes when stressful event is over. Talk to the teacher on Monday and she will probably be glad to help your daughter. hope this info is helpful
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree, it's probably nerves and will settle down once the routine of school sets in and she meets new friends.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• one more idea.........Can you take her to school on Monday and get there early to see teacher and put your daughter at ease? Sorry I am feeling bad for you............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• And they checked for a urinary tract infection?
    Anonymous

• Check out AZO you'll find it with the female stuff isle not sure if it safe for kids but I know it works for us adults I hope she feels better.
    Why NO CRANBERRY JUICE that s strange...hmmm? GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She has been checked for a UTI, diabetes and numerous other tests but they all came out good...the dr said cranberry juice just gives her more urge to to potty...i hate seeing my baby this way...we cant even leave the house because time we get in the car she has to potty...i will go to the store and check out the usage directions and see if kids can use it...
    missthang42001

Comment by missthang42001 (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• does it hurt her when she goes and is she going when she goes so often?
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She says it doesnt hurt and she goes like once every 10 minutes
    missthang42001

Comment by missthang42001 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes I plan on taking her on Monday...although the school doesnt want parents there because they say it aids in the childs nervousness. but if i dont go i will be worried about her all day...we have orientation tomorrow so i will make sure to talk to her teacher about it beforehand....thanks so much for you guys concern it means so much...
    missthang42001

Comment by missthang42001 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010