Need some new vegitarian recipes.

We do alot of grilled or sauted veggi's, taco salads,quiche with fruit,stews with meatless crumbles ect. Just getting bored with our menu!

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Can't wait to see the answers! I am always looking for new vegetarian recipes.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• How about some rice and beans? You can serve them as a burrito or as a side or main dish.
    Sautee uncooked rice (brown is yummy) in a few tablespoons of Sofrito (sold in various flavors in the international food isle, Mexican area). Add 1 can of beans (I like red, or you can use your own cooked beans) along with 3/4-1 can full of water. Add 2-4 packets, depending on how seasoned you like it, of Sazon (a seasoning also sold near the Sofrito). Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 40-45min, or until rice is cooked.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• ohh that sounds good:) Going to write that one down. wondering if anyone has tried to make a meatless meatloaf?I Know there are recipes online for them but haven't a clue which one to use. Ive beg meat free for over a year but I am tryingot get hubby on board and he isnt too crazy about the onslaught of vegetable base dmeals:) Me I could east zucchinni every night LOL
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you send me a message offlist, I will be happy to forward some of my family's favorites to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2010