If you use Facebook, can you answer a question?

If you are friends with someone and would like to delete them as a friend, does it show up on their page? I realize that if they looked through their list of friends that you wouldn't be listed but just wondering if it would show up somewhere that I deleted them. I've got a few people that I am really disliking because of all their drama. Would like to just delete them but don't want to add to the drama and end up being in the middle of it.

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no I've deleted people and usually they don't notice unless they are playing some games with you. Then when they go to gift something your name won't appear on the list and that could raise suspicion. My kids figured out that my sister deleted them because they play petville with her and her picture wasn't coming up. Then they went to her profile page and they couldn't see her stuff and it asked them to add as friend. IF they do notice you could say you have no idea what happened, you didn't delete them then add them back. Playing dumb usually works.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No, it does not tell them you've deleted them!
    lilmama121406

Answer by lilmama121406 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't think so. Is your husband on there? You could try practicing with him. Delete him and then refriend him and see what happens.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• nope, you just delete them and they won't know unless they look you up!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No, it doesn't tell them that you removed them as a friend.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No it does not tell them,

VOTE FOR THIAGO!

http://bit.ly/955wN7

VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 8:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• you could just hide them
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• When you look at your profile page you can see the # of friends you have, and you can look thru the list and see who is there (or notice that some are not showing up anymore). But as for it announcing that you deleted someone I don't believe it puts up any messages (like when you become friends and it will put up Jane D is now friends with Sally H). If you don't want the drama and don't want to delete them, you can 'hide' their posts or block them from seeing things that you post.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010