Leaking Milk at 6 weeks after Birth??

I am BF my daughter. She will be 6 weeks this Tuesday- Is it normal to be leaking milk alot? I know I have a great supply, but I leak ALOT! I have a fast flow, so does this mean I will leak more? And when will it stop???????

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 8:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have an almost 4 month old and I still leak a lot. I have an over supply of milk, so I thought it had something to do w/ it too. I've heard it slows down around the 3-4 month mark though.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I leaked a lot until around my 4-5 month. I just started pumping the extra and freezing it. Paid off in the end though.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes, you may leak a lot. I think I leaked for about 8-9 months after she was born. Around 6 months, it started to be that I only leaked at night. I just got used to wearing breast pads, thats all.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was still leaking when my son quit nursing at 2.5 yrs old.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 8:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yeah what I did when I was still at home I caught the milk that was leaking from the opposite side the baby was nursing on, I used a coffee cup. Other than that wear pads breast feeding is all about supply and demand. AS soon as your baby has a schedule worked out your breasts will accommodate. You may still leak a little bit.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010