Do you notice this about other ppls. laundry?

It seems like other ppls. laundry always smells better than mine! I know this probably sounds ridiculous, but I can't understand it. I love the smell of my Mom's clothes. She washes in Era and uses Downy for a softener. I did the same thing, but it still doesn't smell the same! What's the deal????

huntannakay

Asked by huntannakay at 8:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have asked this question many times among my friends. We've decided that ours smell good too, but we just can't smell them b/c we're used to the smell of them. Try changing up your detergent smell every now and then. I go from regular Gain to the Island Gain and then back again!
    lilmama121406

Answer by lilmama121406 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Mine smell great because I use dryer sheets! Lots of people skip them nowadays because they use softener... but honestly, the clothes smell better longer with dryer sheets. I use at least 3 per load.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i've always thought the same thing...
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 8:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have the exact same thing happening to me - but i think it is because I get used to the smell while doing laundry
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 8:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Everyone's smells better than mine because I don't use scented detergents or softeners.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Glad I'm not alone. I was having some insecurities about the "smell" of my laundry. Thinking I must really stink and not know it! :)
    huntannakay

Comment by huntannakay (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL, You WANT the smell and I have to do everything possible to avoid it. We use only free and clear wash soap and softners. All dryer sheets break my grandson out so we don't use them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am the same way! I love how my MIL's towels smell!
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I think its because someone else has done it. If you do it, you just dont notice it as much.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I ask the same question, and I like when it makes your home smell good.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010