Are crunches even effective?

I am asking for those who have a little extra flub (baby fat).... I am down 60 pounds and have been trying to tighten my stomach since having my last baby, and I seem to be just getting muscle underneath the flub... any more suggestions?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, you will just continue to get muscle under the flab. The muscle will only show through when you get rid of the flab. To get rid of the flab, you need to do cardio.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I run, walk, jog daily. That's about it though for my cardio- But I have been doing good so far- Just wanted to make sure that it will be effective. I am trying SO hard to get rid of the rest of my baby fat.. It's so stinking hard though! Thanks!
    ali_1107

Comment by ali_1107 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• They are effective... however, I am not 100% sure on this.. I just am telling you what my mom told me. She used to crunches all the time, I mean like 100 or more in the morning and the same at night. She ended up with a hernia. Not sure if that's the actual cause or if it just added to it.

Good luck.
    Chey_s_Mommy

Answer by Chey_s_Mommy at 8:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes but I would change it up a bit by doing sit ups, crunches, and other stomach exercises. At this point you may just be training the same muscles over and over again which could be why you aren't seeing more results. Try different positions or an exercise ball or something to tone other muscles.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• modify your diet to help reduce body fat.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010