Measuring Bigger?

My doctor sent me for a cervical length and prenancy ultrasound at the local hospital. By his ultrasound equipment, which in some cases is actually kinda old, I was measuring 14 weeks and 3 days. The very next day when I went in for the screening at the hospital, really newer equipment, I measured 15 weeks and 1 day. Is that kinda normal or should I ask my doctor if something could be wrong at my appointment this Thursday?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont think there is any call for alarm, I think the measurements are just an estimate anyways and the two are not that far off
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 8:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• A difference of four days... (since you would have been measuring 14/4 the next day) is not a big deal. I've had them vary by a full week alreayd.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't be concerned about anything being wrong! They are able to make really good estimates with ultrasounds, but in the end, it is still JUST an estimate. With my first my doctor thought I might not be as far a long as I thought. And yet he was born three weeks early and was 7 lbs 9 oz. Funny thing, later in my pregnancy I was measuring 4 or 5 weeks ahead with him! Don't worry and just remember they are making really good guesses! :-D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I measured 3 weeks early in every uterine measurement until my 36th week, then I was 4 weeks early. (Due to fertility problems, we were inseminated, so my dates were exact! LOL) My ultrasounds even measured larger, and she was born at 37 weeks due to my complications, at 8 lbs 3 oz. I really wouldn't worry- these are estimates anyway, unless you know the exact date of conception like I did!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2010