Mosquitoes?!! HELP!! What can I use?!

I have a 13 month old and live near a Lake and swamp. So mosquitoes are a BIG problem for us. Are there any brands that work the best for your family? So meny out there and I can't waist money on something that dose not wrk. HELP!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!

Mrs.Elgert

Asked by Mrs.Elgert at 8:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Drink two tablespoons apple cider vinegar before going out. It's supposed to make you unappealing to them.don't know if it works, but it's cheap.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would use a torch!
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 8:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• OFF spray works great for us.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• We use chemical free lemon mosquito wipes on the kids. I belive target has them or toysrus. I will try and find the exact name.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Cutter is the best out there, but spray small portions on your baby, and rub it in as if it is lotion. It really works for me on my 4 year old as well.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• With a wet area like that I think you might need to invest in a fog machine. thats what my grandparents always use at the lake. It was the only thing that would keep those buggers away! GL!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I never knew of the chemical free lemon mosquito wipes. I guess I'll be changing over.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Skin So Soft from Avon, I took it camping with me earlier this month and it worked wonders
    tammil81

Answer by tammil81 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• You guys are THE BEST!!! I WILL BE TRYN' EVERYTHING,LOL......I FEEL BAD, BUT YA ALL KNOW HOW IT IS YOU JUST CAN NOT UP AND MOVE...LOL...
    Mrs.Elgert

Comment by Mrs.Elgert (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• This might sound silly, but use a dryer sheet, it is also a good thing to use when you are pregnant, and works really well!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010