What's the best detergant for removing yellow deodorant stains? How can wer prevent them.

We use Tide w/bleach but find that his t-shirts still get the yellow stains. I've also noticed that my workout shirts aren't coming out as fresh as they used to. We do the laundry the same way as we always have but now this. Is there a better way to get rid of them and not have to buy new shirts every few months? Or should we look into a new deodorant? We've used the same for the longest time. He uses Degree and I use Secret powder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I had the same problem!!!!! about the yellow stains.
    I use my husband's Lab Series deodorant. its the BEST!!!! no more stains
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 8:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• The secret is to soak the loads in oxyclean before washing with good detergent.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My husband has these thin pad like things that he wears on his uniform shirt to prevent sweat marks. Those probably aren't practical for every day type t shirts though. Dh doesn't so much get actual stains on his t shirts but his deodorant does leave a residue and it smells. Thankfully not like BO but deodorant. lol I rub in some Dawn dish soap and let it sit for a bit before washing in the warmest water that is ok for the particular shirt.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Cover the area with Dawn dish detergent and let it set about 15 min before washing them in a detergent with Oxyclean.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Try using a stain remover spray or roll on to put on the armpits of the sirts soon as you guys take them off.
    I would also try a different deoderant..maybe something that goes on clear. The stains are usually caused from the deoderant, not the sweat. Otherwise...you'd have yellow stains eveywhere else you sweated too,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Try just a plain asprin and soak it in there and see how that works.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oxiclean
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Detergents cannot get out this stain no matter how hard you try. There is a product sold online called PitStop it takes out ugly yellowish stains from armpits in 1 wash. You pretreat the stain let it sit for 15 minutes and its gone. Go to www.armpitstianremover.com
    answerme2000

Answer by answerme2000 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010