Everyone was invited to the party but my boyfriend...does he have a right to be angry?

My boyfriend works for a small cab company. He's been there for over 6 months (longer than the other cab drivers, as it is a relatively new company). He's a hard worker. He works overtime when needed, he's even lent the owner $2000. My boyfriend has a bad temper, and gets offended at the smallest thing, but it's due partly to his ADHD. He and the boss have gotten had their differences, but they deal with it.

Well, anyway, I guess the boss is having a party tonight at a local lodge, and he invited everyone from the company, including their children. There's going to be games, food, etc. The thing is, my boyfriend (and our daughter and I) were NOT invited. This lack of an invite was intentional (not an oversight). My boyfriend is WAAAY beyond pissed!

I told him that it's just a party, who cares. But his point is, everyone from the company was invited but him. I don't want to get involved, but he is my love and

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like it might be time to look for a new place to work. Sounds like hte situation probably isn't going to improve. Is he treating his ADHD?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Sure, he can feel any way he wants. Too bad he doesn't see this as a learning opportunity. We can't sport a bad temper and behave poorly (regardless of whatever excuse we want to make for our choices) and not have it impact us. Not being invited? May just be the result of his choices. I wouldn't want someone that I have difference with like that at an event either, and the boss has the right to socialize with whomever he chooses.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I never got invited to events from work but I didn't take it personally. However, I wouldn't be lending the owner any more money!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010