De-worming a cat in a house with multiple cats?

I am using a de-wormer on a cat and I have 2 other cats(only the one has it)....should he have his own litterbox? I don't know if while de-worming when they come out if other cats can still get it from being in that litterbox. Or will it be ok to just keep it clean? And does anyone know how fast the stuff takes to start working?

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 9:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pets

• We have multiple cats and when one has worms they are bound to give it to the others, even if they aren't showing symptoms yet. I would medicate all of them, keep the litter boxes clean and give it a week to start working. I think that's how long it took when our cats had it.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• you will probably have to deworm all the cats and keep the litter box really clean for a while. worms are a lot like fleas, if one cat has them they all do, it just may not be as noticeable.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I just dewormed a Stray Cat that showed up at my house; the kind that i got OTC needed to be done again 14 days after the first dose- to make sure they were all gone- Make sure you do that if the directions say to or your cat will get reinfested- I could see a Big difference in him in just a couple of days- Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010